Kathy Hartjes – L.C.M.T. / Diplomate Asian Bodywork (NCCAOM) / Reiki Master*
Kathy has studied Massage Therapy, Asian Bodywork, and Reiki. She graduated from the Wellness and Massage Training Institute in 2004 completing 700 hours in the Massage Therapy program and 750 hours in the Asian Bodywork program. In 2005 she became a Reiki Master.
After graduation for the next three years, she worked in the Chiropractic field as a Massage Therapist and Physical Therapy Aide. In 2007 she started her own practice working out of Akasha Yoga in Crystal Lake.
Kathy believes that different types of bodywork can enhance the body’s innate wisdom to heal itself. At Guided Choices, Kathy offers various types of bodywork to meet the specific needs of the client.
A list of Kathy’s services are below:
- Relaxes and softens inured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Improves circulation by pumping oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Lessens anxiety and depression, increasing the feeling of well-being.
- Enhances the quality of sleep.
- Lowers the heart rate.
- Enhances the immunity system by stimulating the lymphatic system.
Therapeutic/Rehabilitation (Deep Tissue) Massage
- Reduces adhesions and minimizes scar tissue formation.
- Increases joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Reduces spasms and cramping.
- Alleviates lower back pain.
- Relieves migraine pain.
- Helps athletes prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts and injury.
Acupressure (the ancient healing art using the fingers to gradually press key acupressure points, stimulating the body’s natural self-healing abilities)
- Releases tension.
- Increases circulation.
- Reduces pain and inflammation.
- Opens the meridians to promote the free flow of energy and release stagnation.
Reiki (a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing):
- Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind, and spirit resulting in many beneficial effects that include a decrease in pain, relaxation and feeling of peace, security, and well-being.
*Kathy has her Diplomate in Asian Bodywork with the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) and has been nationally certified with the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork since 2004. She has also been a professional member of the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) since 2004.